Jim Herblin is a candidate for State Representative, District 70.
A proud native Texan, husband, father and grandfather, Jim Herblin desires to lead Texas back to a place of strength. Like so many of you, Jim was raised on common sense and conservative values. While Jim has always supported Republicans, he is concerned that our current GOP elected officials, who have controlled the Texas House since 2002, have failed to pass our grassroots’ legislative priorities. Jim decided to run for state representative to provide bold, unapologetic and common-sense leadership.
As a forensic accountant and small business owner, Jim understands how to balance a budget and stop wasteful spending. Jim will lead the fight to fix our broken property tax system.
Jim believes in our Republican Party of Texas platform, and he will lead the charge to enact policies consistent with those pro-Texas and pro-family planks.
Jim and his wife Dana live in Prosper, Texas.
- B.A. in accounting from Texas A&M
- Certified Public Accountant
- President of Herblin, P.C.
- Specializes in forensic accounting, tax and expert witness services
- Small Business Owner
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Arthur Andersen & Co. Senior Audit Manager
- State Bar of Texas Grievance Committee Member
- Trustee, Richardson Independent School District
- Finance Committee Member, Richardson, ISD
- Finance Committee Member, Prestonwood
- Foreman, Collin County Grand Jury
- Chairman, Prosper Economic Development Corporation
- Campaign Chairman, Mayor of Prosper
- Golden Hat Award, Golden Corridor Republican Women
- Republican Convention Delegate
- Precinct Chairman
- Campaign volunteer
- Married to Dana Herblin
- Father and Grandfather
- Member of Prestonwood Baptist Church North